A gift to the Community Foundation is a wonderful way to honor or memorialize a friend or loved one. Gifts may be made to the Community Foundation at any time and in any amount. Donors do not have to establish a fund to make a gift. Suggestions include:
- an unrestricted gift – these gifts are included in the Foundation’s general endowment or Community Fund; the earnings from this fund are used to make grants to non-profit organizations in Dunn County throughout the year
- a restricted gift – donors may direct their gift to a specific fund
- a perpetuation gift – these gifts support the annual operations of the Community Foundation
The Community Foundation can also serve as a “philanthropic partner” for people who wish to establish a permanent, yet flexible, charitable giving vehicle to fund current and future charitable gifts. The Community Foundation may be considered an attractive alternative to a private foundation. The Community Foundation offers donors:
- full donor service with maximum tax advantages,*
- expertise in endowment administration and investment management,
- assistance in identifying and evaluating opportunities for gift distribution and volunteering,
- leverage in pooling gifts with other Community Foundation donors, and
- peace of mind in serving as a trusted steward of charitable funds since 1995.
In addition, gifts to the Community Foundation receive favorable tax treatment for charitable contributions.
Gifts may be sent to the Community Foundation of Dunn County, PO Box 498, Menomonie, WI 54751. If you are interested in learning more about the Community Foundation or have questions about establishing a fund or making a planned gift, please contact the Community Foundation at 715-232-8019 or e-mail email@example.com.
*As an example, the charitable deduction allowed for contributions to a private foundation is subject to certain limitations that do not apply to gifts to a community foundation.