Thank you for your interest in the Women’s Giving Circle of Dunn County Grantmaking Program.
The Women’s Giving Circle of Dunn County awards grants to non-profit organizations that support the needs of women and families in Dunn County.
The 2016 grant cycle is now closed. Check back soon for the 2017 grant deadline!
Applications are made available as a downloadable PDF file (see link below). Or contact the Foundation by phone at 715.232.8019 or by email email@example.com. Please read the full details, found on the Women’s Giving Circle Grant Process info sheet before completing an application.
The application must be submitted in both electronic and printed form. Please submit (5) copies of the Grant Application and (1) copy of each supporting document to the Women’s Giving Circle – Community Foundation of Dunn County, 500 Main St, Suite 322, P.O. Box 498, Menomonie, WI 54751.
Please also email a PDF version of the completed Grant Application and each of the Supporting Documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Supporting Documents: In addition to the application, we require the following supporting documents:
- Letter or certificate indicating 501(c)(3) or 170(b)(1)(A) tax status from the IRS.
- Most recent CPA Audit Report or Financial Report
- Current year operating budget including revenue and expenses.
- List of current Board of Directors or equivalent governing body members.
- Letters of support are required if another organization or individual is integral to the completion of the project and/or is a fiscal sponsor.
Click here to download a printable version of the complete Women’s Giving Circle Grant Process.
Applications are screened for completeness, clarity, and compliance with eligibility requirements.
Because there are often more requests than can be funded, the committee will place requests in priority order on the basis of the following questions:
- How does the grant purpose match with the Circle’s priorities to serve women and children in Dunn County?
- What is the potential benefit to the community?
- Is there a clearly stated need for this project?
- Does the applicant organization have the capability to achieve the expected results?
- How direct are the benefits?
- Are other more appropriate resources available?
Final decisions on all grants are made by the Community Foundation’s Board of Directors. Generally, a decision is made within a month after the submission deadline. Applicants are notified of the outcome in writing. If a grant is awarded a follow-up report is required (See “Reporting” section below).
The Grant Application is available as a downloadable form. Click on the following link to open:
You may also contact the Foundation at 715-232-8019 to receive a printed grant application.
If you receive grant funding, you are required to submit a final, written report to the Community Foundation of Dunn County within one calendar year after you receive payment of the grant. The Grant Report describes the activities carried out and if the grant goals have been met. The report must include a narrative and a detailed expenditure report. Financial and other business records must be kept in accordance with sound accounting and business practices. If an extension or variance from this time frame is necessary, an interim report and written request must be submitted and approval is required by the Foundation (using the same form below).
If you received a grant in the last year, please follow the link below to download the Grant Report Form:
The Chair of the Women’s Giving Circle Grants Committee, Dr. Nora Moses, can be e-mailed at email@example.com. The Program Officer, Samantha Phillipps at the Community Foundation can be e-mailed at firstname.lastname@example.org.