The â€œClass of â€˜59 Scholarshipâ€ shall be awarded annually to an MHS senior who has expressed an interest in continuing his/her education toward a degree that allows them to teach at the high school level.Â An essay is required.
Projected Number of Scholarships and Amounts. The amount of the scholarship shall be $1,000.00 annually. The number of scholarships will increase as the fund increases as approved by the Board of Directors.
Criteria for Eligibility: Criteria for scholarship awards must maintain objective and non-discriminatory standards and provide for an adequate grantee pool. Criteria must be approved by the Foundation Board of Directors prior to making the first scholarship awards and thereafter annually.
- Applicants must be graduating seniors of Menomonie High School
- Applicants must be applying to an accredited college, university or technical college
- This scholarships is non-renewable
- Requirement for field or fields of study and/or career guidelines: The recipient must indicate that it is their intent to enroll in a degree program that leads to a teaching certificate for secondary education.
- GPA Requirements: minimumÂ GPA 3.0
A one page type written essay must accompany the application: The essay must identify the specific field of teaching, the rationale for selecting this field, and the proposed college or university intended to attend.
|Adam Naatz“I plan to attend the University of Minnesota Duluth to major in Special Education.”|